I was thrilled when I got it, but I have to say, it was quite a challenge. Although it was beautiful, it was kind of falling apart. The drawers were dove-tail and kept collapsing every time I attempted to sand them.
The wood was beautiful, but it was beyond my pay grade to strip the entire thing. I decided to leave the top it’s natural wood finish and paint the body my new favorite color in plumage from Martha Stewart. I already did an old campaign chest in the color and I knew it would look great.
This piece will be for sale by next week. It needs a few minor tweaks before it goes online so to speak. I will post links to the listing when it’s up and running.
Any-who….Here it is before